Our School's Safeguarding Ethos
We are a caring school; we are a listening school; safeguarding is everyone's responsibility.
To emphasise the caring ethos of our school, our staff are committed to the following safeguarding principles:-
- The welfare and well-being of each child is of paramount importance.
- Our policy works on the premise that abuse takes place in all communities and that school staff are particularly well-placed to identify and refer concerns and also to act to prevent children and young people from being abused.
- We respect and value each child as an individual. We are a listening school, and encourage an environment where children feel free to talk, knowing that they will be listened to.
- The protection of children from abuse is a whole-school issue, and the responsibility therefore, of the entire school community.
- Our policy is accessible in terms of understanding and availability. Regular training ensures all adults in school are aware of indicators of concern or abuse and the designated safeguarding leads that such information should be promptly passed on to.
- Our policy will be developed and kept up to date with information from our relevant partners in early help and child protection as well as documentation issued by the Education Department (CYPES) and the Safeguarding Partnership Board. We will use the school curriculum to resource our children to protect themselves from abuse, both as victims and as potential perpetrators.
- Our school runs in an open, transparent way
Click here to view NSPCC Share Aware Campaign information
Click here for 'Think You Know' internet safety advice
Click here for Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness information
Mash video (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub)
Please see the attachments below for further information